· Bazaruto Archipelago: excellent scuba diving and snorkelling on Two-Mile Reef.
· Island Dhow excursions: go to ‘Sail-Away’ near Vilanculos hotel Dona Anna.
· Charter cruises: fabulous trips around the islands.
· Vilanculos village life: witness a traditional wedding or wander around the bazaars.
· Big game fishing: record-breaking catches of sailfish.
· Baobab forests: the southernmost occurrence of these in Mozambique.
Africa’s version of the famed Galápagos Islands, the Bazaruto Archipelago and surrounding marine environment is a complex and unique ecosystem, well protected by its isolation. Harbouring one of the last viable populations of dugong along the entire East African coast, the Bazarutos command some of the most pristine coral reefs in the Indian Ocean. In descending order of size, Bazaruto, Benguerra, Magaruque, Santa Carolina (also known as Paradise Island) and tiny undeveloped Bangué Island each have their own charm and character.