MozGuide.com

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moz (Gonarezhou) in March

Moz (Gonarezhou) in March 1 year 5 months ago #9212

We are planning a trip to Mozambique in early March and after recent floods need some advise on following ( do not want to spend 10 days in mud);
1. Northern and Southern Gonarezhou - is this managable in 4x4's with the recent floods
2.Is there accessibility to Hlaro campsite with the recent floods
3.Is the Save and Runde areas accessible ( especially at the confluence with the Tambahate pools)
4. Is the southern areas of the park- Mabaluala- accessible.
5.Is the Mapai Ferry still running or was this service disrupted with the floods
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Moz (Gonarezhou) in March 1 year 5 months ago #9215

Hi

For the Gonarezhou questions, I suggest you email the addresses on their website. For Moz the Pafuri border post is still closed as it has to be rebuilt, and my friend in Mapai says that the Pafuri - Mapai road is still not open and so the homemade barge ferry is not operating.

I have seen email addresses for Zimparks on the net, so try this one:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Also look up:
zimbabwewilddogs.wildlifedirect.org/cate...ezhou-national-park/

Mike

Re: Moz (Gonarezhou) in March 1 year 5 months ago #9218

many tks Mike

Re: Moz (Gonarezhou) in March 1 year 4 months ago #9233

Hi again
I received the following reply from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. :

Reservations Gonarezhou
17:32 (1 hour ago)

to me

Hie Mike

Most crosssings are not yet passable except the one at the office [Madawa causeway].

Regards

Loriety

However, the overland.co.za forum is reporting: (Afrikaans, see my translation after):
Maar vinnig - ons het nie die groot reen gehad wat Beitbrug gehad het nie.
Ons gaan al klaar by beide Fishans en Chipinda causeway deur met karre
(kan natuurlik verander as daar laat reen is, maar tans lyk dinge goed)
Ons het al baie werk op paaie gedoen, so die chilojo pad lyk pragtig, en
ons werk ook aan 'n grenspad op die weste van die Park, om lekkerder te ry
tussen Mabalauta en Chipinda. Ek is seker Mabalauta sal bereikbaar wees
oor Rutenga en Boli.

Translation: "But briefly - we (Gonarezhou - my insert) have not had the big rains that Beitbridge had. We are already able to drive the Fishans and Chipinda causeways with cars (4x4's - my insert). Naturally this can change if there are late rains, but presently things look good.

We have already done a lot of work on the roads, so the Chilojo road looks beautiful, and we are also working on a boundary road on the west of the park, to allow easier driving between Mabalauta and Chipinda. I am sure that (now - my insert) Mabalauta will be accessible via Rutenga and Boli.

Note that the person who wrote this has been away from Gonarezhou for the past ten days, and will have more accurate information once back at the Park. I will post this here too.

Mike
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds