MozGuide.com

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Inhambane - Blantyre - Crazy White boy needs help!

Inhambane - Blantyre - Crazy White boy needs help! 1 year 8 months ago #9243

Hi Mike

First off thanks for the great site. Such good reading and insights on Mozam and surrounds.
I am doing a trip beginning of July to Bara in Inhambane ( Touristy yeah i know), but after that i want to head up to lake malawi.

I had the idea that it would be a simple hitch a ride there, but seems its a bit more of a mission.
I would like to get to Blantyre, from Inhambane in about a day, day and a half? think that may be a bit ambitious? what you think?

I see you recommend staying over at Pink Papaya in Chimoio? Any other accom you would recommend in Blantyre. How long should i budget trip from chimoio there to blantyre?
Any bus companies you could recommend, for traveling on budget?

Any info , prices , Transport option you could recommend would GREATLY be appreciated.
Again thanks for the great site.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Inhambane - Blantyre - Crazy White boy needs help! 1 year 8 months ago #9244

Hi

Man after my own heart. No point in giving you specific bus company names, other than Intercape that I have heard now does maputo - Tete, so look up www.intercape as you may be able to use them Maxixe to Tete.

Although I take no responsibility for anyone else following my example, here is how I would do this:

Depart barra 0500 with first transport to Inhambane and take whatever transport is heading for Tete, even if you only get to Maxixe. In Maxixe ask at the Stop restaurant, or at the petrol station for transport to Tete. You may make Tete late at night but ask for Blantyre transport and carry on to Zobue ,by which time it will probably be early morning so wait for border to open and take whatever is going to Blantyre.

Expect to pay, over long distances, about MT1,5 per km for buses and perhaps MT2 per km for rides with trucks, or other transport.

Really depends on how resourceful and lucky you are whether you make it in 1 or 3 days.

Mike

Re: Inhambane - Blantyre - Crazy White boy needs help! 1 year 8 months ago #9245

mozman wrote:

Although I take no responsibility for anyone else following my example, here is how I would do this:

Haha Sounds like this is the route for me.

Thanks for the info...

So if we get to Tete late night, we can do the rest, tete > Zobue over night? Mini buses run at this time, or am i looking for a spot next to some chickens?
If we decide to stay the night in Tete, any recommendations on Back packers?

Thanks Again.

PS. Where do you live now, sounds like you have been all over!..... Man after my own heart ;)

Re: Inhambane - Blantyre - Crazy White boy needs help! 1 year 8 months ago #9246

OK, yes you may need a bed in Tete, but trucks and other transport do move any time of night so you could get lucky and make it to Zobue. In Tete ask for Pensao Univendas - OK for a few hours, but with all the new developments around Tete, you may not find a cheap bed in Tete, so a huddle at the 'chapa' (minibus) stop may be in order.

Live in Joburg, but spend a lot of time in Moz.

Mike
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds