The new site has been completely re-written using an open source content management system.
We migrated all the content from the old Forum as well as adding a host of new features.
The Captcha slider
A new feature of the site will you see in a lot of places in the Captcha slider. This is used instead of those word shapes you see on other sites to help try ensure the site is responding to a human and not an automated robot. The last site had problem with Spam so this will hopefully stop incorrect posts.
It's pretty simple to use, wherever you see the bar you will need to slide it from Left to Right (or just click it) before you can submit the form you're on.
Reset Password for existing MozGuide users
If you had an account on the old forum then your details and posts have been migrated over, however for security reasons we require you to reset your password before you can login.
- On the LHS of the the page click on reset their password
- This will take you to the password reset page. Enter the email address you registered your account with and slide the Captcha bar from the LHS to the RHS and click submit. This Captcha bar is there to stop spam and automatic robots from entering data
- An email with your reset code will be sent to your current email address, check your email for the mail from Mozguide
- Copy the verification token in that email and click on the link which will take you back to the MozGuide.com site
- Enter the verification token and your old username and Click Submit
- The site should then ask you to Reset your password. Enter and verify it and slide the Captcha again
- Click Submit
- That's it, your password has been reset and you can now Login
If this process feels a bit onerous it's because we wanted to stop any of the old spam accounts from logging in again. This process ensures only valid users will be able to reset their passwords
How to Login
If you've either just registered or reset your password you can now login.
- Click on the Login text next to the padlock icon on the LHS
- A dialog will appear with the login form. Enter your username and password. If you want to remain logged in then tick "Remember Me" - this is not recommended for public computers such as an internet cafe or hostel.
- Before you can click the green submit button you must slide the Captcha bar from the Left to the Right
- Now click the green submit arrow and you should be logged in
How to Logout
If you want to logout of your account click the red X on the top LHS side of the account, this will log you out
How to Register
If you are new to the site and haven't previosuy had a Mozguide account then you will need to Register in order to be able to post forum messages, comments or submit articles.
- Click on Register an account in the top LHS
- Fill in the form with your details. You will need a valid email address as we will require you to confirm your account, this stops spam.
We will NEVER share your email address with third parties and it only be used for the Mozguide to communicate with you (password resets etc)
- Slide the Captcha from Left to Right, click Register
- We have de-activated the steps below, you should be immediately registered. You will need a valid email still though.
- An email will now be sent to with verification details. This helps cut down on spam and automated robot submissions
- Go to your email program and in the email from MozGuide.com click on the verificatin link
- You should now get a message saying "Activation Complete!" You can now login to the site using the same steps above
Forgotten your password or username
If you've forgotten your username or password you can have this sent to you.
Click on "Login" in the top LHS next to the padlock icon
- To have your password sent to you now click on "Forgot your password?"
- To have your username sent to you click on "Forgot your username?"
These will be emailed to you with instructions on how to reset
How to change your details
Once your logged in you can edit your details if you want to change.
To change your details click on "My Account"
How to Submit an Article
One of the great new features of the site is the ability to submit an article. Some content would be bettered served as an article rather than a forum post and allowing users to submit trip articles this way means you can include photo galleries, meta data and enhanced searching and linking of articles.
To submit an article:
- Login to the site using Login next to the padlock icon in the top LHS
- Once you are logged in click on the top menu item "My Account" and then "Submit an Article"
- Before you submit an article please familiarise yourself with the content policy (under My Account, Submit an Article, User Content Policy)
- You will not be taken to the editor screen where you can submit an article
- Enter a Title and then the content. The WYSIWYG editor should allow you the flexibility of MsWord
- You can upload pictures to your article as well using the picture icon. These are saved in your personal directory. Click the picture icon in the editor and then towards the right hand side above Details click the Upload button. You can uplaod a picture off your PC using Add-Upload.
Once the picture is upload it will show a green tick, now click close
The picture is now uploaded, click on the image name (to the left of Details) and click Insert
- User Content will only be posted to a certain area on the site. You MUST select
Section: User Content
Category: Trip Reports
- Now click Save (which is at the top of the page, silly place I know but we can't change it!)
- Your article will now be submitted for review by the MozGuide team and if approved puiblished to the site
View your submitted articles
You can view and edit your previous article submissions under My Account
- Click on My Accout, Review my Submissions
- This will show you all your articles as well as their published status
How to Submit a Photo Gallery
You can also upload an entire photo gallery to be dispalyed on the site. We don't recommend you upload 4MB files and the pictures will remain your property.
This area probably needs a bit of work
How to upload a photo gallery:
- Click on My Account - Create a Photo Gallery
- A little complicated for now so we need to simplify a bit. Creating a Gallery involved
- Add a Category - give this the name of your album, we will move it to User Content - Create
- Add a Subcategory - you can skip this for now
- Now click Images - you can upload images. Bit tedious one by one at the moment, need to add a multiple uploader
- Once you've uploaded pictures the Mozguide team can authorise the publishing
If any of that didn't help and you're still stuck then please feel free to contact us - under My Account click on Aargh - Help!
Comments, suggestions, kudos or opportunities also welcome.