Mutare to Vilankulos

timane created the topic: Mutare to Vilankulos

Can anyone give me the latest condition of the road between Mutare and Vilankulos via Inchope ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

mozman replied the topic: Mutare to Vilankulos

Hello and welcome to Mozguide.

Mutare to Chimoio and Inchope the road is in good condition.

South from Inchope along the main road EN1 to Muxungue (Nova Golega), Save as far south at Vilanculos, the road is in bad to terrible condition. Inchope to Vilanculos will take around 8hrs.

If you have a high clearance vehicle, I would far rather use the Mutare - Chimoio - Sussundenga - Dombe - Goonda (Buzi Bridge on the EN1) and continue South along the EN1.

Nice stopovers on this route are Ndzou Camp near Dombe and The Buffalo Lodge 40km North of Save Bridge.

timane replied the topic: Mutare to Vilankulos

Thank you for the update. Can I tow a big boat along the route via Sussendenga ?

I certainly would not tow a big boat on the Inchope to Muxungue (Nova Golega) section, but it depends on how big the boat is, how strong your trailer is, how big the trailer wheels are and how skilled you are at driving on potholed and broken up roads.

So yes, you should be OK on the Sussundenga - Dombe - Goonda (main road EN1) route as far as the main road, but from there on south will be very slow going.

Peik replied the topic: Mutare to Vilankulos

Do you have any contact information for Ndzou Camp in Dombe? Where in Mozambique would you start a hike to Monte Binga? I have heard that Nbabawa Vila is possible trail head and that there has been a Zimbabwian guide there. It is hard to find any information.

Hi there.

I apologise for the very delayed reply. I don't have good current info regarding the Mt Binga hikes.

Ndzou Camp
+258 82 303 4285
Or
+258 86 779 1665.

Mike

Scroll to top